Folks, this page is dedicated towards those who wish to send me something in Paraguay, whether it be for the locals, or to me! I’ve attached my address and a some ‘wish’ items in case you need some ideas :)
My address for the Peace Corps is:
Voluntaria de Cuerpo de Paz
Caazapá, C.P. 5.600
Paraguay, South America
Suggested things to send to help out Paraguayans in my site!
- Anything school-related. Pens, pencils, crayons, markers, notebooks, folders, tape, scissors- etc!
- Books. Extremely basic children’s books in English or Spanish, intermediate books in English or Spanish, and advanced books in Spanish.
- Little ‘prizes’ for games- yo-yos, candies, whistles, etc.
- Puzzles! A universal time-passer.
- If you can find any, old drum sticks would be very much appreciated! I teach drum set at a music school, and it’s great for the kids to have something to practice with.
- Cheap Kodak disposable cameras. The kids love them, and I can get their pictures developed in the capital.
- Your old Twister game. I play them a lot with the kids so they can learn the colors in English!
And of course, if you’re feeling charitable and want to help out a fellow Peace Corps Volunteer who occasionally misses some of the good things in the U.S. of A, sending along one of these things would be intensely appreciated!
- A good old letter! Who doesn’t appreciate snail mail :)
- Candy. I’m a sucker for Peppermint Patties, Goetze’s Caramel Creams, Nerd Ropes, Gobstoppers, and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups- actually, seriously just send me anything you can think of and I will love it. Nothing makes my day like good old American candy.
- Snacks. Good old American snacks are also always exciting. Surprise me with a big old bag of Barbacue Lays or SmartFood Cheddar Popcorn. French Onion Dip, Queso Dip, Salsa. Powders to make Ranch sauce… Whatever you can think of!
- Spices! Whatever you got. I love specialty blends (such as these- but like I said, I’ll take them all!
- Any type of SAUCE you can think of- sauce to marinate chicken in, balsamic glaze, honey mustard, etc. I especially love Indian marinades (my favorite is Sukhi’s Curry Pastes and Kitchen of India Curries). I’m also big on Thai food and love anything by Thai Kitchen or A Taste of Thai. Also any type of salad dressing would be fantastic, considering Paraguayans only use mayonnaise down here!
- Drink mixes (such as Iced Tea- one that I love is Arizona Pomegranate Iced Tea Stix)
- Clorox Wipes. Yes, I’m serious, they are my favorite and help me tackle my perpetually dusty house!
- Books. Whatever you think I would enjoy reading. I would also love a book of recipes.
- Of course, ANYTHING would be greatly loved and appreciated, so feel free to get creative!
Last but not least, some tips for sending!
The cheapest and best method to send is through the regular U.S. Postal service. You can also send through DHL (though more expensive, it is more reliable). Try to pack everything into as little of a box as possible and wrap it VERY tightly. Make sure the address is eligible on at least two sides of the box. When filling out the value for the items in the box, NEVER place the total value above $20- otherwise some nosy handlers at customs may get curious and then no box will arrive to Paraguay! Last but not least, please do not send any electronics as I would have to pay a huge customs tax on them!
Thank you so much in advance for your kindness and generosity!
17 Comments so far
Leave a comment